Monday, October 21, 2013

Smuggling Samoans in the Trunk Is Only Natural


Yay italic is back off! I accidentally turned it on during typing of last letter and couldn't fix it! Also library was closed monday so we couldnt email then. 

However this week was great! We did work. I played There Is Sunshine in my Soul a lot this week on the ocarina, and got an awesome new person to work with. Super prepared and awesome. 

Also for pday last week we got haircuts at a member's and my friend left their phone there. So we had to go back. But their house is in Fort Riley--a military base. You need id to get in. He forgot his wallet in Manhattan. Can you see how this is going? So we went to go get it, and instead of dropping the other missionaries off and my comp and I getting it, we put a Samoan in the trunk and smuggled him into the base, like Han Solo. If we got caught we probably would have been arrested. No bueno. I dont plan on doing that again. 

I do plan on catching another possum and hopefully I plan to work my way up to an armadillo eventually. That will require some preparation on my part though. 

The new pants are working great! I wear them so I would know. And a happy note! I convinced my companion to buy me a soda at a gas station! Free soda! Yay! Also my apartment is kinda bland... maybe if you could send me some clay snowman things. That was a joke that probably didn't make sense to most of my readers at home, but to one, they will understand.

We put an investigator by the name of Marjen on date. She is cool and super distracted; it took longer to put her on date than it should. However it happened now! She is on date for the 2 of November. Fun fun fun. 

I learned to ride my bike with no handlebars. I could do it alright before, but now, I am going over bumps, through grass, and up hills! and I go like this while doing it: 

"I can ride my bike with no handlebars
No handlebars, no handlebars
I can ride my bike with no handlebars
No handlebars, no handlebars
Look at me, look at me
Hands in the air like it's good to be
Alive and I'm a famous rapper
Even when the paths are all crookedy
I can show you how to do-si-do
I can show you how to scratch a record
I can take apart the remote control
And I can almost put it back together
I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
I can tell you about Leif Ericson
I know all the words to "De Colores"
And "I'm Proud To Be An American"
Me and my friend saw a platypus
Me and my friend made a comic book
And guess how long it took
I can do anything that I want, cause look
I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome, no metronome
And I can see your face on the telephone
On the telephone, on the telephone"

You get the picture right?

I love you more than I love riding my bike with now handlebars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brady will not be reading this blog, so if you want to make a comment to him, you'll have to write a letter. Comments here will only be read by family and friends.