Wednesday, September 25, 2013

He Sounds Like a Real Missionary (and more about pants)

Pant situation is not as serious as I originally thought. Turns out, Jos A. Bank dry clean only suit pants are indeed somewhat washable. So I washed my one pair that wasnt destroyed or supposed to save for meetings. They work. Other note. I was playing with some kids and I was running and tripped and fell and hurt my knee and put a hole in my pants that didnt have a hole. Pant situation is back up to red alert. 

Something cool, on sunday we got a less active to come to church. She hadnt been in a few years and she brought her granddaughter with her. She is baptismal age. Her mom is a nonmember and we will be able to baptize her! Hopefully this saturday. Thus fullfilling the standard of excellence of one bap a transfer. However next transfer we are lined up to baptize 4 or five others!! Awesome. 

Once a week we have been able to go to Salina. But we couldnt do that anymore because of miles. Also salina is a different zone, and that is where the granddaughter is from and a bunch of other investigators. So we called the pres. skipping the line of command and got permission to go up there everyday this week and use as many miles as we want. So we no longer have a mile limit and can leave our zone whenever this week. 

This week the attendence in the spanish branch was triple about than what it usually is. We are working hard to keep it because the main english ward is trying to split and the spanish might dissolve. No queremos eso. It turned out good. That is how we strike in the church, via going to church. 

Other than pants, I have had another problem. I seem to be losing shirts somehow. I dont even have seven anymore....what? No idea how that happened, but it is a problem. 

We had some good lessons this week. Felt the spirit really well in one. We were teaching in a restaurant and the worker was listening to us. She was sort of crying the whole time, and when I was teaching about the spirit I felt like asking her how she was feeling. So I did, thinking that I would then use that to explain what she was feeling was the holy ghost. Things didnt quite work out like that. I asked and she just broke down and started crying. She kept saying that she didnt have words and couldnt express herself. It was awesome. And that was in Salina by the way. 

Love you so much mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brady will not be reading this blog, so if you want to make a comment to him, you'll have to write a letter. Comments here will only be read by family and friends.